Saluting Sacrifice: Solemn Ceremony Honors Fallen Heroes of Niger State Ambush and Air Crash
In a solemn and poignant ceremony, the military is presently engaged in a collective interment for its valiant personnel who tragically lost their lives in the aftermath of an ambush and subsequent air crash that unfolded in Niger State.
The unfortunate incident transpired on the 14th of August, 2023, when a contingent of soldiers fell prey to a bandit ambush in Niger State, resulting in the untimely demise of 14 dedicated servicemen, with an additional seven sustaining injuries amid the hostilities.
In response to the dire circumstances, the Nigeria Air Force swiftly deployed an evacuation aircraft to the scene, the gravity of which rendered such action necessary.
Regrettably, the aircraft met a tragic fate of its own, succumbing to a crash that led to the loss of all passengers onboard, including two skilled pilots and two invaluable crew members.
As outlined in the meticulously drafted program of events acquired by our correspondent on Friday, the individuals to be laid to rest in this somber affair are as follows:
- Late Major SA Oni
- Late Flight Lieutenant Anthony Duryumsu
- Late Flight Lieutenant Ibrahim Adamu
- Late Lieutenant Gm Odusami
- Late Lieutenant Us Alkali
- Late Sergeant Faruk Mohammed
- Late Corporal Ibrahim Garba
- Late Corporal Chiroma Pogu
- Late Corporal Adama Isaac
- Late Corporal Haruna Jamilu
- Late Corporal Samaila Bashiru
- Late Able Seaman Suleiman Mk (Nigerian Navy)
- Late Corporal Jauro Amos (Nigerian Air Force)
- Late Lance Corporal Sunday Okopi
- Late Lance Corporal Ekpanyo Edetd
- Late Lance Corporal Alaribe Daniel (Nigerian Air Force)
- Late Lance Corporal Brigss Stephen (Nigerian Air Force)
- Late Lance Corporal Yakubu Ayuba
- Late Lance Corporal Nura Mohammed
- Late Private Habib Aliyu
- Late Private Tanko Waje
- Late Air Craftman Abubakar Abdulrahaman (Nigerian Air Force)
This poignant event is currently underway, with the solemn proceedings ongoing as the remains of these esteemed personnel are awaited, underscoring the gravity of the situation as conveyed in this report.