FCT Minister; Nyesom Wike Fires Heads of 21 FCT Agencies and Parastatals
In a stunning development, the Federal Capital Territory’s Minister, Mr. Nyesom Wike, has taken decisive action by terminating the appointments of the heads of 21 prominent parastatals, agencies, and government entities under the FCT Administration, effective immediately.
The announcement came through a press statement issued on Wednesday by Mr. Anthony Ogunleye, the Director of Press at the Office of the Minister, and it has sent shockwaves through the nation’s capital, Abuja.
Among the notable figures affected by this sweeping decision are:
- Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Abuja Investment Company Ltd.
- CEO/Managing Director of Abuja Markets Management Ltd.
- MD/CEO of Abuja Urban Mass Transport Company.
- CEO/MD of Abuja Property Development Company.
- CEO/MD of Abuja Technology Village Free Trade Zone Company.
- CEO/MD of Abuja Film Village International.
- CEO/MD of Powernoth AICL Equipment Leasing Company Ltd.
- Managing Director of Abuja Broadcasting Corporation.
- Managing Director of Abuja Enterprise Agency.
- General Manager of FCT Water Board.
- Director-General of FCT Emergency Management Agency.
- Executive Secretary of FCT Primary Healthcare Board.
- DG of Hospital Management Board.
- Director of Abuja Environmental Protection Board.
- Director of FCT Scholarship Board.
- Director of FCT Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board.
- Director of Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board.
- Coordinator of Abuja Infrastructure Investment Center.
- Director of FCT Health Insurance Scheme.
- Coordinator of Satellite Towns Development Department.
- Coordinator of Abuja Metropolitan Management Council.
Mr. Ogunleye, the spokesperson for the Minister, has instructed the affected appointees to promptly hand over the responsibilities of their respective offices to the highest-ranking officers within those organizations.
Furthermore, it has been clarified that new appointments to these vital positions will be announced in the near future, leaving the nation in eager anticipation of the government’s next steps in this remarkable reshuffle of the FCT Administration’s leadership.