Over 10 years we help companies reach their financial and branding goals. Maxbizz is a values-driven consulting agency dedicated.




411 University St, Seattle


“Mohbad Had To Go Into Hiding For 6-Months Over Fear of Being Killed” – Parents

The bereaved parents of the late singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba, widely known as Mohbad, provided harrowing testimony on Wednesday before the Coroner’s Inquest, shedding light on the factors that contributed to their son’s untimely demise. The inquest is currently examining the circumstances surrounding Mohbad’s tragic passing, and the parents’ revelations were both heart-wrenching and deeply concerning.

According to the late singer’s father, Joseph Aloba, Mohbad’s life had taken a dark turn, characterized by a six-month hiatus from performing at shows due to an overwhelming sense of fear. This fear stemmed from the relentless physical abuse, harassment, and intimidation he allegedly endured at the hands of his former label owner, Azeez Fashola, who is more commonly known as Naira Marley, and Naira Marley’s associate, Sammy Larry.

Mr. Aloba detailed that his son, Mohbad, had confided in him about the distressing circumstances he found himself in. Mohbad reportedly claimed that the reason for the relentless attacks was his decision to sever ties with Naira Marley’s brother, Tunde Fashola, who had been serving as his manager. The fear of retribution weighed heavily on him, forcing him to withdraw from the public eye for half a year. In a poignant recount, Mr. Aloba mentioned that his son even voiced concerns about potential repercussions related to a prior encounter with the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA).

The day that tragedy struck, Joseph Aloba vividly recalls the presence of Naira Marley and his associates at the scene of the incident, suggesting that his son considered such confrontations as customary. Further underscoring the torment Mohbad endured, the late singer’s mother, Abosede, shared her own painful insights. She revealed that her son was in a constant state of anxiety, frequently mentioning Naira Marley and Sammy Larry, with an ever-present sense of trepidation. Abosede recounted the heart-wrenching moments when she tried to intercede on her son’s behalf, pleading to communicate with those causing him harm, but her son adamantly refused, fearing for her life.

The mother went on to reveal her initial ignorance of her son’s music career until they reconnected in 2019. Their reunion occurred in Ayobo after a prolonged separation following her divorce from Mohbad’s father. She described Mohbad’s ambition as a musician and the shock of realizing her son had not followed the path she had envisioned for him.

Recounting the tragic events that led to her son’s hospitalization and, ultimately, his demise, Abosede detailed the tumultuous events that unfolded. Mohbad, it seems, received a distressing call about a raid by the NDLEA at Naira Marley’s residence. Concerned for the safety of his younger brother, Zinoleesky, and his wife, Mohbad hurried to the scene. It was there that he encountered the NDLEA, and amid an argument, he was offered water by the authorities. Soon after consuming the water, he began to feel unwell, an incident that would profoundly affect his well-being.

His mother went on to describe his anguish and his accusations that Naira Marley sought to end his life. Despite pleas and apologies made on Mohbad’s behalf to Naira Marley, he maintained that he was in grave danger. A show was on the horizon, scheduled for September 10, 2023, in Ikorodu, but the tragic turn of events prevented him from taking the stage.

Abosede’s testimony concluded with a haunting revelation – her son’s warning not to speak openly about the circumstances surrounding his life, for fear that it would lead to dire consequences. The chilling reality that her son lived in constant fear underscored the ordeal he had endured.

In a separate testimony, Joseph Aloba disclosed the hasty burial of his son, Mohbad, explaining that the mortuary had refused to accept the deceased. He also indicated that the burial took place on the deceased’s land. On the day of his son’s passing, Aloba recounted the unsettling discovery of blood-soaked clothing in his room, prior to learning that his son’s life had been tragically cut short.

The Aloba family’s testimony has unveiled a disturbing narrative of fear, intimidation, and violence that surrounded Mohbad’s life, shedding new light on the events leading up to his tragic death. The Coroner’s Inquest continues its efforts to uncover the truth behind this heart-wrenching tragedy.


Ademola Adeyemi

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *